A Simple Peach's Reason for Existence

There is nothing quite like a 'GOOD HAIR DAY'! So I am trying to conquer the world, one head of hair at a time! Join me for my Tutorials demonstrating fabulous and simple everyday hair styles, Up-do's, the latest trends in haircuts and get a sneak peak at my favorite Products on the market!







Friday, August 6, 2010

Glam Night Workshop

To kick off the A Simple Peach launch, I put together a Girls Night out Workshop. I was so much fun! There was a great attendance and I had awesome volunteers to work on. Thanks to Wendy for opening up her gorgeous home for the event and also Kathy (kathyscoffieldphotography.com) for helping me out with your great photography expertise. Here is a little preview of what kind of hair style were created that night. If interested in putting on a Girls Night out Workshop, send me an email at asimplepeach@live.com .


The 3 little Knots



I started out back combing the top of her head, then worked my way to the middle crown. Once the top layer was smooth, I then pulled back the top section from about the low recession line. The left side of the hair was tucked under while the right side was twisted to create a knot like effect. I then placed bobby pins to hold the hair in place. I repeated with the section just below, leaving out some hair at the bottom. Once the 2 knots were in place I split the hair that was left over into to sections. I then tied them once them twisted the hair to sit right under her right ear. I placed bobby pins to hold it in place. So cute and so easy. Just get your hands in there and try it!



For a more casual approach I created the....
Simple 3 little Knots






























This is Stacey, she had long, finer straight hair. I quickly ran an 1 1/4 inch curling iron through her hair to give it some movement and texture. I then back combed the top crown of her head for some lift. I pulled the hair to the back so that it sat just on top of the Nape of her neck. I tied the hair tight. Then place bobby pins to secure it in place. After which I split the hair into 3 remaining sections. One at a time I wrapped the section of hair into a circle then pulled the loosed end through. I secured it on the base knot with bobby pins and repeated the process 2 more times. This would be a great look with jeans, a cute summer dress or for just lounging around.




Going Fishing

I decided to repeat this hair style again. The model, Carrie, has gorgeous long, thick, wavy hair. It is a great option for everyday use, fancying up her everyday pony tail.














4 comments:

  1. Great job Karla!!! It was such a fun night!! I would LOVE to have a Girls' Night at my house!! We'll have to figure out when!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hairstyles! The 3 simple knots one is my favorite! What a great idea to have a Girls' Night! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I wish I could have come, such cute hair styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a fun night! Thanks for all the fun ideas!!

    ReplyDelete