A Simple Peach's Reason for Existence

There is nothing quite like a 'GOOD HAIR DAY'! So I am trying to conquer the world, one head of hair at a time! Join me for my Tutorials demonstrating fabulous and simple everyday hair styles, Up-do's, the latest trends in haircuts and get a sneak peak at my favorite Products on the market!







Monday, September 27, 2010

Step back in Time

This is my beautiful model Whitney! She is so gorgeous inside and out, I love when a client sits in my chair and is so excited about getting their hair done. On top of that, is enthusiastic and loves any style I create. This was a fun tutorial to do. I have two videos I will be posting on YouTube soon as I figure out how to do it;). So check back soon!

I am inspired by the gorgeous woman from the 1940's.The well embellished hairstyles- pin curls, finger waves, brushed out curl sets, the makeup and attire. I have a picture of my grandmother when she was about 18yrs old. She was absolutely stunning. I love that! Why can't we look and present ourselves that way now? That is my inspiration. Try it!

I 1st started off by curling Whitney's hair with a 1 1/4inch curling iron. I prepped the hair before with a styling spray to help maintain the strength of the curl.
2nd- I back combed the top crown of her head to live some lift.
3rd- I sectioned her hair off of her natural part in the front.
4th- I then took two sections on the front right side of her head, just in front of the ear. I back combed again at the root.
5th- Then curl the top section carefully around the iron. Wrap the hair in a circular pattern, following the curve from the iron.
6th- place bobby pin(make sure your bobby pins match the color of your hair... No black bobby pins for you blondies:)) to hold, tuck them so they are not visible.
7th- Repeat with the next section down.

Two pin curls

The Left side:
1st- Section off the hair just in front of the ear
2nd- Back comb the hair at the root.
3rd- Curl the hair with the iron away from the face
4th- release the curl from the iron and place two fingers in its place to hold the curl.
5th- lay the Curl vertically against the head
6th- Place bobby pins vertically to hold the curl in place
7th- Spray with hairspray the direction the hair is laying





Gently brush out the curls. Beautiful!



This is my favorite, I think my Swedish roots are beginning to reveal themselves here.
The Braid band.

1st-Off of the natural part, take a zig-zag part
2nd- Start a french braid starting at the part, follow down the side of the head
3rd- work your way around.
4th- Once you get to the other side of the head, make sure to hold tight. The braid will start to twist. Which is alright, I think it adds uniqueness.
5th- Place bobby pins along the way, to make sure the braid is well get.
6th- Once you have reached the top, twist the end of the hair in to the start of the braid. Bobby pin.
7th- Place a cute *headband to add some style.





















*Special thanks to the talented Janae for making the adorable headband!







1 comment:

  1. I have been DYING to see the results of this styling session!! Well done! Whitney, you look gorgeous! Great job Karla (as always). Janae... will you make ME one of those headbands?? I love it!

    ReplyDelete